Stressing out about what to wear? Don’t worry, when I have pictures coming up I stress out too. It can be hard coordinating clothing for a whole family. Here are some recommendations.
Here are a few more suggestions to make the most of your photos:
Natural Light ~ We try to use as much natural lighting as possible. We feel that it is absolutely crucial for creating great photos.
Props ~ We love when you have props for your session. We highly recommend reading through inspiration blogs as they are a great resource for items that can spark an idea.
Clothing ~ Dress up for the occassion. Replace one or two items of clothing with something fun; a pearl necklace, a dickie bow, or colourful heels. Color-coordinate outfits but don’t be overly matching. Think about the color wheel and wear analogus colors or complementary colors. Avoid wearing too much black. Wear bright colored earrings or a short necklace to bring attention to your face. (see more details below!)
Hair and Makeup ~ Have your hair/makeup/nails professionally done.
- Color! Don’t be afraid of it. It make your pictures vibrant and gives them personality
- Try to color coordinate instead of match
- Layers. Layers are good! Jackets, scarves, vests, etc
- Accessories are wonderful! Bracelets, hats, etc
Children and Babies
- Nothing! Newborns look the sweetest and most child-like when wearing less.
- If you think its funky don’t be afraid to bring it. The funkier, the better! For instance; converse tennis shoes with a dress, mismatched leggings and skirt, etc.
- Cute shoe!
- Hats, hats, hats! Children look adorable in them.
- Anything you love putting them in at home, bring it!
- Also bring some props if you think you have on that could work. I LOVE using old antique props. Ex. Bench, chair, trunk, tricycle, bike, rocking horse, family heirloom toys…
- For those that want some bare belly shots: A top that is short or looks cute scrunched up is good.
- Skirts always look great.
- A colorful cardigan that can be buttoned at the chest is another great way to show a bare belly.
- Dresses that are tight just above the belly are good. I wouldn’t recommend wearing a moomoo dress. You know, the kind that are loose everywhere? =) They don’t accentuate the belly.